Kaeng Khiaw Wan Kai (Thai Green Curry with Chicken)
Serves 2. Ready in 30 - 40 mins. A Thailand classic! Impress your friends and family with this fragrant and creamy Thai green chicken curry using authentic Thai pastes and coconut milk from our stores.
- 1 Can Maesri Green Curry Paste 114g
- 500g chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5 small eggplants (or Impwa!)
- 1/2 cup sweet basil leaves, kaffir lime leaves halved
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 2 cups coconut milk (made from 1 cup coconut cream and 1 cup water)
- 2 green and red chillies cut diagonally
- 1 tsp sugar 3 tbsp fish sauce
- Pour the coconut cream into a pot, stir over medium heat until a film of oil surfaces. Add the MAESRI GREEN CURRY PASTE, stir until fragrant and green oil has formed on its surface.
- Add the chicken, cook until it turns white and done.
- Then add coconut milk, stir and allow to boil once again.
- Season with sugar and fish sauce, add small eggplants (or Impwa) and continue cooking until done. Add chillies, kaffir lime leaves and sweet basil leaves, then remove from the heat and serve.
Last modified onFriday, 30 October 2015 14:49